- What: RETAIL TECH FORUM #RetailTech #SFFW13
- When: September 26th, 2013, Thursday, 6pm
- Where: Art Institute of San Francisco, 1130 Market Street, San Francisco 94102
- Tickets: $10 Early Bird, $15 Late Bird, $20 At the door
- RSVP: http://sffw13retailtechforum.eventbrite.com/
- Join our Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/retailtechnology/
- Visit Retail Tech Summit: http://www.retailtechsummit.net/
Posts from the ‘WORKSHOPS’ Category
Join EFactor’s premier party for entrepreneurs and investors featuring the shark Kevin Harrington (from ABC’s Shark Tank) at the glamorous British Motor Cars building at 901 Van Ness in San Francisco from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on August 19th.
Every Attendee Enjoys
- $20 Uber credit
- $50 flight credit with Visionary Air
- Live art and music
- Food and beverage
- Dessert from local ice cream truck Garden Creamery
- 1-hour of coaching with Kevin Harrington, a $5,000 value
- Trip for 2 Around the Bay in a Private Plane with Champagne, a $500 value
With Serial Entrepreneur and Shark - Kevin Harrington
San Francisco Fashion Industry: LOCAL SERVICES… Fashion Business Series presented by: San Francisco Fashion And Merchants Alliance, Inc. [SFFAMA]. Presentations by: San Francisco Fashion Week ®, Storefront, People Wear SF, Boon Road, Lord Bertram and The Wright Consultants. RSVP HERE
This essential workshop is for individuals, students and professionals looking to start or expand their business in the local San Francisco fashion industry and to learn from companies offering business services that are invaluable to success as a fashion entrepreneur. Perfect networking opportunity for fashion startups, fashion designers, students, retailers, entrepreneurs, boutique and business owners. Connect with other professionals in the San Francisco fashion industry… Free to students with current student ID, must present ID for free admission.
Wearable Technologies Group gathers entire ecosystem at San Francisco Conference and Presents In-depth Insights in Emerging Market
San Francisco, CA – Wearable Technologies Group, the pioneer and leading business platform for wearable technologies, has been successfully driving innovation and market development for more than five years, and organizes world-wide Wearable Technologies Conferences as well as the global innovation competition, the WT Innovation World Cup.
After last year’s success, the Wearable Technologies Conference is back in San Francisco, CA, with interesting panels and major stakeholders from the entire ecosystem. One highlight at this year’s conference in San Francisco is Wearable Technologies’ release of its first research report. Created in cooperation with Beecham Research the report presents completely new insights into challenges and obstacles to the market’s growth.
After defining one of the first market segmentations for wearable technologies several years ago, the Group now went one step further. The report introduces a new segmentation with 7 key sectors, and examines the opportunities and challenges. Additionally, with both companies’ in-depth knowledge the report presents new insights in enabling technologies and trends, and examines strength and flexibility of partners in the value chain. With a focus on “Function with Style” the report also aims to answer who will buy these products and why.
Join Fashion+TechSF for an engaging panel discussion on “Mobile Shopping and the Future of Retail” with current founders of fashion+tech startups and industry professionals on Thursday July 18th, 2013 at RunwaySF, the start-up incubator connecting talent and opportunity in the heart of San Francisco’s mid-Market.
- Thursday, July 18th, 2013 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT) at RunwaySF,1355 Market Street, 4th Floor [Market Square SF], San Francisco, 94103. Tickets $10 for Fashion+TechSF and SFFAMA members and $15 non-members. RSVP: http://fashiontechsf071813.eventbrite.com/
“Mobile Shopping and the Future of Retail”
According to new research from international technology investment banking and advisory group GP Bullhound, apparel is the second-largest and fastest growing e-commerce category in the US, estimated at $41 billion, and there are now over 2000 online fashion sites competing in the market, up 126% year-on-year. Mobile device site visit share has nearly doubled from 2012 to around 25% on average today and the sales conversion rate on mobile tablets has surpassed traditional for the very first time. Now, savvy brands and retailers are embracing omni-channel and contextual marketing strategies to engage, interact, and in many ways define new relationships with consumers where they work, live and play.
The industry numbers for online shopping, social media marketing, mobile technology adoption and location-based services are impressive and growing rapidly. Consumer spending represents 70% of overall GDP for the US economy. Luxury products and fashion are still experiencing double-digit sales growth despite recessionary outlooks in most major markets. What are the opportunities for entrepreneurs, startups, retailers, and consumers and how will this affect how we shop and what we buy in the future?
Does your outfit reflect your personal brand? Can fashion and design alter the way you build your career path? How do employees dress when it comes to choosing styles at work? What we wear can affect not only how people perceive our style, but also how we interact with our employers and colleagues. Join SAP for an evening of fashion and professional networking! Come see the latest in fashion tech and social shopping, while learning from top senior Silicon Valley executives how fashionable work suits can empower employees create a unique personal branding and boost their confidence to succeed in the cut-throat world of corporate organizations. RSVP HERE:
- Layla Sabourian – External Relations, SAP Business Women’s Network
- Miki Berardelli – Chief Marketing Officer, Tory Burch
- Vineet Buch – Head of Shopping Search, Google
- Barbara Holzapfel – SVP & Managing Director, SAP
- Erin Matts – Chief Digital Marketing Officer, Glam Media, Inc.
- Mike Giresi – Chief Information Officer, Tory Burch
- Dennis Goedegebuure – Head of Global SEO, Airbnb
- Victor Zaud – Sr. VP and Co-Founder, Glam Media, Inc.